Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Publisher- Scholastic
Publication Date- August 24, 2010
Pages- 390
Series- The Hunger Games Trilogy

*May contain spoilers for The Hunger Games and Catching Fire*

Katniss has escaped The Hunger Games yet again, but just barely. If it weren’t for District 13, she would be dead and Panem may be at its end. District 12 is no more, and very few citizens escaped. The capitol is mad, and the Quarter Quell added fuel to the fire that is the rebellion against them. Districts 13 needs Katniss to be the face of the rebellion. Districts are having wars and Peeta is in the Capitol’s clutches. Nothing is well, nobody is safe.

This book is a war. It is my least favorite book in the series, but it is not as bad as many people say, at least not to me. It is much more emotional, it was a little depressing to me for the first half. (To be honest, they could have cut out the first half of the book and it would have been much better.) It took me a while to read, unlike the others which took me about two days a piece. The last half was definitely better and faster paced than the first half. Much more rewarding. I loved the ending too. I mean the end result, but I think the way Collins went about writing it gives you no closure. It felt like she was rushed for a deadline. I’m torn. If you read the first 2, you HAVE to read this one. 

Can you believe they are splitting the movie into 2 parts? Is the first one just going to be Katniss sitting in a closet? I mean, Harry Potter NEEDED to be split, Breaking Dawn, not so much, but this is ridiculous. Stop being greedy for money! People in Hollywood are rich enough!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I agree that it isn't as bad as everyone says, but it wasn't the best in the trilogy.

    They're spliting the movie into 2 parts? *headdesk* There's not enough book for two two-hour movies to be made out of it. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete