Thursday, July 5, 2012

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson


Publisher- HarperCollins
Publication Date- 2005
Pages- 317
Precedes- The Last Little Blue Envelope

Virginia “Ginny” Blackstone had just been informed that her “Runaway Aunt” Reg has died. Aunt Peg has left her 13 blue envelopes, each with instructions on where to go, what to do, and when to open the next one. She heads to Europe to embark on the adventure her runaway aunt left her. She only has 4 instructions: Only bring what fits in her backpack, she cannot bring any kind of journal or foreign language aid, she cannot bring any extra money, and she cannot bring anything electronic. She goes out of her comfort zone, meets some interesting people, and discovers some things about her aunt that she never knew. 
This is a really good, fast paced novel. Never a dull moment. I really liked that the setting was in Europe for the most part. I have been to most of these places (and I noticed a few mistakes), so it was really nice to see them again. I really like books about travel, and this had  bit of mystery in it too. I have not yet read The Last Little Blue Envelope, I’m not sure when I will. The cliffhanger at the end was not extreme, so I’m not dying to read the next one immediately. But definitely check this book out!

No comments:

Post a Comment