Saturday, September 1, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver Mini-Review

I'm not going to post the entire book description from Goodreads. I'll just give it to you in a nutshell.
Girl lives in society where when you turn 18, you get an operation to sort of remove love from your mind. Just before her operation, she falls in love.

The reason I say this is a mini-review is because I didn't finish it. It was just soooooo booorrriiinnnnggg!!! Ugh! I got about 100 pages in and I just couldn't continue! The author kept going off on these pointless tangents about stuff that had happened in the character's life earlier on, and this stuff didn't even matter! One I remember was something like the guys hair reminding her of hot maple syrup on pancakes, and then there would be a whole page talking about pancakes! It was so aggravating and slow, I just couldn't finish it! I always feel really bad when I don't finish something.

Also, I had heard a lot about something happening in the last 2 pages, so I read those. (I never do this in a book I finish, just the ones I don't plan on finishing) And yeah. Now I really don't want to try to read it ever again. Or the sequels. Nothing. Ever. (Just so you know, I read those last two pages after I decided to not continue on).

I think the concept was really good, but Lauren Oliver was not the one to write it. I'm really sorry, I know a lot of people loved it, but I didn't. And I'm not going to rate it, because I don't rate books I don't finish.

1 comment: