Sunday, September 9, 2012

Crimson in the Very Wrong Fairy Tale by Liz Jasper

Publication Date- July 31, 2012
Pages- 279

From the award-winning author of the Underdead novels...

Crimson has a strategy for surviving high school. Blend in. Don't cause trouble.
It works pretty well—until her sixteenth birthday when her long-lost father shows up and all hell breaks loose.
Literally.
It turns out that he is a demon king, which makes Crimson…a princess. Of Darkness.

Her castle is a sulfur-reeking cavern underground. Her Princess Training has nothing to do with tea and crumpets. Prince Charming isn't rushing in to save her. And, to top it off, she still has to go to high school. 

She can't tell anyone the truth, not even her best friends. To survive, she will have to risk everything and use a cunning she didn't know she possessed. And even then there's no guarantee she or anyone she cares about will be alive tomorrow—for neither Hell nor high school comes with a manual.


I received this book in the Read to Review program in the Young Adult Reads group on Goodreads. I am not being paid or compensated in any way to review this, it was my choice completely. 

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was much better than I thought it would be.

The plot was very good. I really enjoyed seeing what we think of as "the dark side" of things. It was very fast paced from the beginning. It was very funny and pretty light up until the end, which surprised me, but I really liked the twist.

The characters were a bit under developed, but still likable, none the less. But sometimes they weren't incredibly believable. They didn't react the way I would expect a real person to. For instance, Crimson's cousin is the heartthrob to most of the girls in the book. I didn't exactly see why. We get a very small description of him in the first part of the book, and he is extremely dumb. Yet girls fall all over him. 

But anyways, I really liked this book overall.

My Rating: 
I think the plot and ending made up for the characters, in my opinion. 

Perfect Chemistry will most likely be the ext book I review. 



1 comment: