Monday, November 5, 2012

October Wrap Up/November TBR-ish

I have decided to start doing this so you guys can see what I'm reading, besides just the books I review on here.

October Wrap Up
I was in a major reading slump this month, and it seems like many other people were too. I only got through three books, but I really hope this month will be better!

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
I had to read this books for school. It's almost like I read it twice because I read each chapter in the book, and then I read the No Fear version online. It was very good overall, for a school book. (I didn't read this edition, I just really like this cover). 
My Rating: 4/5

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
This was the last book I read before my slump. I was starting to get into the slump towards the end of this book, but I powered through because it was a library book. This didn't cause the slump, it was very good.
My Rating: 5/5

This is when I tried t read City of Bones, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Monument 14, Ender's Game, The Monstrumologist and many other things. I really liked what I read of all of them, but the slump just made me not even want to touch a book for forever. And then I read this:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
I knew this would get me out of my slump. I don't need to say much about it.
My Rating: 5/5 Obviously

November TBR-ish
My TBR is not set in stone. This is just an idea of some things I would like to read this month.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I didn't actually plan on reading it this month. I picked it up yesterday morning, read some at school, and finished last night. I will have a review up later tonight.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
I just started it this evening. Not sure how long it'll take me to finish. It's been sitting on my shelf for years and since the movie is coming out in December I'm motivated to finally read it.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel
I'm not sure why, but I have an urge to read this. If I like it, I'll see the movie. If not, I won't. I've heard mixed things about it so I don't have super-high expectations.

That's it for my TBR-ish. I will hopefully read more than these, but I don't want to bind myself to anything. Look for my review on Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson next!




No comments:

Post a Comment