Saturday, August 11, 2012

Book Haul!

When I was on vacation this week I went to this thrift store type thing that I absolutely love! They have used books in great condition for really cheap prices, plus a great selection!

Thrift Store:

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
I watched the movie a while ago and loved it so I figured I would get this!

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I know everybody had probably heard of this book, and I've heard it is amaizng.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
I saw a booktuber talking about this and she really enjoyed it, so I grabbed it.

The Brief History Of The Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
I saw this forever ago on TeenReads must read books and I kind of forgot about it until I saw it at the thrift store, and I'm so glad it was there.

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
Priscilla from The Readables (YouTube) read this a while ago. I haven't seen the movie, but apparently this is a book made up of a bunch of short stories, and the movie is based off of one story in the book. 

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
I've heard from a lot of different people that this was good, and they're making a movie that's coming out next year.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
You have no idea how excited I was to find this! I have been looking at various thrift stores for a long time to find this! I saw the movie a few nights ago (the 2011 version) and it was amazing.

Wal-Mart:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I know, everybody in the world has read this except me. I don't usually buy books at Wal-Mart, but I was walking through and on a whim, I just decided to buy it. I have heard good things, but I really don't have high expectations for it. It doesn't seem like something I would like, but everybody else does, so why not?

Won on Goodreads:

Leave It To Psmith by PG Wodehouse
After entering countless giveaways on Goodreads, I finally won! Woohoo! This sounds like a really interesting and funny read, I'm excited for it! 

So that's my book haul for today! Please feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts on these, and which you think I should read first!

No comments:

Post a Comment