Saturday, July 28, 2012

August Info.

In my last update post, I briefly mentioned that I was entering a competition on Goodreads. (Link)
It is a points-based thing where you can do different things to earn points. (I'm only going to point out the things that pertain to reading books here.)

The first one is making a reading list based on certain criteria (and completing it). They basically give you 10 different options and you have to choose at least 5. Here are mine:

1)Read a book that is released on August itself.
The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold (August, 2006)
2)Read a book about witches.
Beautiful Darkness- Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Involves a type of witches)
3)Read a book that has being sitting on your bookshelf gathering dust for a long time.
Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen (Not on a physical shelf, but on my Kindle for years)
3)Read a book that you wouldn't normally read. (ei. different genre)
Tempest- Julie Cross (Time travel books are just weird to me)
5)Read a book in a school setting.
The Perks of Being A Wallflower- Stephen Chobosky
10)Read a book with a dog on the cover.
The Art Of Racing In The Rain- Garth Stein

(Yes, I realize there are two #3's.)

The other one I will be doing is reading a book starting with each letter in YOUNG/ADULT. Some of these books will be used in both. I will not be reading one for every letter, either. Here are mine:

Y-
O-
U-
N- Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen
G- Gone- Michael Grant
A- The Art Of Racing In The Rain- Garth Stein
D- The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown (This is only if I finish the others first.)
U-
L- The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
T- Tempest- Julie Cross

I will try to read them in the following order:

  1. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower- Stephen Chobosky
  2. Beautiful Darkness- Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  3. Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen
  4. The Art Of Racing In The Rain- Garth Stein
  5. Gone- Michael Grant
  6. The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
  7. Tempest- Julie Cross
  8. The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown (If and only if I finish the others first!)
Like I said, this is my GOAL. I might read them all, I might read none. 

Also, I am trying to finish the Maze Runner before Wednesday (August 1st, because that's when the competition starts).

One more thing! I won a Goodreads giveaway! Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment