Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year, New Reading Goals

Hello all and welcome to 2015!

2014 was a fantastic year to me but it seems like most other people hated it, so we will move on quickly.

2015 Goodreads Goal
Read 50 books. As of writing this list, I have read 4 (of course, three have been graphic novels). My goal last year was 52, which got lowered to 35 and then bumped back up to 40. I ended the year having read 42.

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2015
This is a challenge I found while Googling reading challenges in December. It is a list of 50 challenges to complete this year. I have put each challenge in a jar and I pick one out whenever I don't know what to read. I won't be very upset if I don't complete this, but I hope to complete about 30. Also, I will allow myself to use one book for more than one challenge.

Click HERE if you want to see the list (links to PopSugar).

TBR Pile Reduction
I have seen a #0by16 thing on YouTube and Twitter and the goal is to have zero books on your TBR pile by January, 2016. Seeing as I had 111 books on my TBR at the beginning of the year, this is pretty much impossible. The goal I have decided on for myself is to reduce that pile by half. (This number does not include Kindle ebooks.) So by January 1, 2016 I will (hopefully) have only 55-56 unread books. This will mean carefully limiting the amount of books I buy and managing my time more wisely to read more. I would love to have less than this number but I'll just start with this.

Big Books
I have challenges myself to read 10 books over 400 pages this year. This challenge is monitored by a Goodreads group you can see HERE.

I think that's about all of them. As always, you can keep track of how I'm doing in the Challenges tab.

Have a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment